Thursday, January 8, 2009

When you least expect it...


How frustrating is it when you've place a simple order at McDonalds drive thru, however, when you get to the window, they inform you that you need to pull up, out of the way until your order is ready? I'm sorry, I thought I was at a "fast" food restaurant. Have you ever been disappointed because you were craving a chocolate milkshake, but were informed, that the milkshake machine isn't working right now? Am I alone, or do you find yourself staring at the toaster in the mornings waiting for that frozen waffle to pop up for the kido while rushing to get out the door?

We are definitely a society that wants things to happen almost instantaneously. We seek instant gratification and become let down and disappointed when it doesn't come quickly enough. I constantly remind myself that God tells us to "Be anxious for nothing but...let your requests be made known to God". I'm sure I make my fair share of requests, none being any higher than my desire for Miranda to come to know Him as her Saviour. Tonight he answered that request. When I was lying down with Miranda tucking her in, she said that she wanted to be baptised. When asking her to tell me why she had made her decision she said, "Doesn't if mean that you want Jesus in your heart?". I told her that's exactly what it meant and how proud I was of her.

I had just typed on facebook that I was "wondering what the weekend would hold". Little did I know that God wasn't finished with my Thursday yet! Like many of us, Miranda has lots of "wants". She wants the trendy clothes, the hot concert tickets, the newest American Girl Doll, etc...., but tonight she wants what matters most and I couldn't be happier.


"Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and he shall hear my voice." PS.55:17

4 comments:

bradford said...

Funny, I don't follow many blogs, but tonight I thought I'd chase yours to see what's going on. What an awesome event! Praise God for moving in her heart, and thank you for being the reflection of Christ she noticed.

B. Denny ;)

The Rowell Family said...

What a blessing! It is so amazing to see God work in the heart of a child!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet are the prayers of those who call on the Lord! Blessings sweet Miranda. There is nothing more precious in life than the realization that we need a Savior! Nothing can satisfy quite like that!

Laura H.

About Bonni Skipworth said...

this is the most precious news I could ever hear..to know that Miranda knows the voice of her Savior and she is His and He is hers! I am so thankful for my precious great-niece Miranda and thankful for my precious niece Beth Ann...God is so good!!
with my love forever! Bonni