Friday, October 3, 2008

What I Learned This Week






Wow, I'm getting so much more out of 4th grade the second time around. Let's see, this week I have learned the ever important differences between centipedes and millipedes, I brushed up on those famous input/output tables in math, and have learned the meaning of the words twined and steely. All I really remember from my own 4th grade is how much I loved my "trapper keeper". Now, the cool thing to have in 4th grade is a "Zuca rolling backpack" (which retails for around $150). I know things have changed but $150 for a backpack??? And yes, we bought one. After teaching 5th grade all day and coming home and helping Miranda with her 4th grade homework, I feel as though I should be submitting my application for the show "Who Wants to Be a Fifth Grader" but who needs the fame and a million dollars? Well, my rewards don't always come in the form a check but rather each time Miranda comes home excited about her "good graded papers" or each time someone tells her "that's a cool backpack, where'd you get it?". It's then that I realize are time studying has paid off and the $150 backpack, well, I can hope it lasts for a couple of years. I'm definately aware of how quickly time passes and I know that one day I will want theses years back. So, bring on the next set of vocabulary words and the next "cool fad" I will embrace them with open arms. Beth

No comments: